CALL for PAPER PROPOSALS
The NCCC-134 Committee on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting and Market Risk Management will hold its annual conference on April 15-16, 2019 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel--- Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Proposed papers should emphasize applied research. We encourage papers on commodity price forecasting, farm and agribusiness risk management, futures and options markets, as well as price
analysis problems or issues. Please submit work that will be completed by April 2019 on these and the
following topics in commodity markets:
- Supply, demand, and price behavior
- Improved forecasting methods
- Improved risk management procedures
- Futures and options markets
Submit a two-page (double spaced) prospectus which contains the following.
1. Statement of the problem 3. Data and empirical procedures
2. Research objectives 4. Likely results and practical implications
Proposals SHOULD NOT IDENTIFY AUTHORS to protect their anonymity in the review process. Proposals should be Adobe Acrobat files (pdf) and the file names should not contain author names. An example proposal is posted here (To download, right-click and 'Save Target As'...).
Authors should submit their proposals through online submission system by following the link https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/NCCC2019. Submissions must be made by November 11, 2018.
- You will need to create a user account by clicking the “Registration” tab in the online system.
- After you log in to the system, click “+ Create new submission” in the Author Console.
- Enter the title of your proposal.
- The section “AUTHORS” should list your e-mail address, Name, Organization, and Country.
- To add more authors, please enter the e-mail address of your co-author and click “+ Add.” Fill in the fields to provide the name, organization, and country of your co-author and click “+ Add.” Repeat this process to add more co-authors.
- To upload your proposal click “Upload from Computer” and select the file
- Click “Submit.”
Screening committee will notify all submitting authors of their decision in December 2018. Successful authors must complete and submit their research presentation by April 9, 2019. Completed manuscripts are due on June 1, 2019 for digital publication.
See the NCCC-134 website at http://www.farmdoc.illinois.edu/nccc134/ for more information on registration, conference venue and hotel accommodations.
See you in Minneapolis!
Berna Karali (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Anton Bekkerman (email@example.com)
An example meetings paper is linked here.
Questions? Please feel free to contact Berna Karali (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.